A Career in Cyber Security might open your future doors up to many levels. The deficit of talents in Network security jobs has raised the bars of pay scale and other perks for professionals.
Category: Network Security
Earning a security certification can help you get in to relevant Network Security Jobs. But before that you ought to know which certification course is right for you.
It is highly recommended to train self with relevant certifications as they are also compulsory in many global organizations. Listed here are top 5 Cyber Security Certification Courses that you can avail in India.
1. CISSP – Certified Information Security Professionals
CISSP is the first credential in the field and is backed by ISC2. The CISSP ensures security leaders have deep knowledge and understanding of new network threats.
Domains covered: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Testing and Assessments, Engineering, Operations, Software Development and Communications and Network Security.
2. SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner
Information assurance professionals are ideal candidates for the course, who know to define, design and manage information system architecture.
Domains covered: Access Controls, Security Operations and Administration, Risk Monitoring, Incident Response, Cryptography, Systems and Application Security and Network and Communication Security.
3. CISM – Certified Information Security Manager
The certification is organization focused and promotes international security practices and recognises candidates who have the ability to merge information security program and business goals effectively.
For this course candidates must have minimum 3 years’ experience in the role of security manager and overall 5 years’ experience in IT Security Jobs.
4. CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
The credential is suitable for candidates who want to comprehend and deal with latest security threats, advanced attack vectors, and work with latest hacking techniques, methodologies, tools, tricks and security measures.
Domains Covered: Cloud Computing, Mobile and Tablet Platforms, Shellshock, Poodle and Heartbleed, Mobile Phone Hacking, Information Security Controls, Security Laws and Standards, Addressing Operating System Threats.
5. CISA – Certified Information System Auditor
The certification showcases a candidate’s audit experience, skills and expertise on accessing vulnerabilities, report on compliances and plans effective network control in enterprises.
Candidates should have 5 years of experience in the fields of information and system auditing, security, control and assurance for the certification.
One reason why our focus has extensively shifted to IT security jobs today is because apparently there is a huge gap between the demand and supply in the domain. Cyber security talent is hard to find; in fact there aren’t enough true experts. However, it’s not too late to hone your skills for Network Security Jobs because with it comes a bucket load of benefits – Best Pay Structure in IT sector, Most Invigorating Job Description and Complete Job Security.
So, if you are planning to take the leap, make sure you have the following skills by your side to crack network security job interviews;
1. You should have detailed knowledge in three or more of these;
– Open Source Applications
– Linux OS
– Microsoft Technology
– Wireless Technology
– Social Engineering
– Physical Security
– Network Implementation
– Complied and Interpreted Development Language
– Web Application Technologies
– Data Modelling and
– Telephony Technologies
2. Proficiency in Java, C++ or C and two or more scripting languages (PHP, Shell, Perl etc.)
3. Understand security issuespreciselythat are associated with different platforms
4. Ability to examine security system from a holistic view
5. Ability to comprehend System and Network Architecture
6. Expert knowledge in software security concepts, principles and practices
7. Be aware of contemporary standards, practices, methods and procedures
8. Good and efficient knowledge in hardware applications
9. Keen knowledge in writing tools to automate security and to carry out system hardening
10. Accurate analytical and technical skills
11. Be up to date on current internet vulnerabilities
12. Advanced understanding of database weaknesses, system architecture and development
13. Management skills
– Leadership skills
– Coordinate, direct, set and recommend security projects for vulnerability assessments
– Eagerness to dig into latest technologies
– Be highly adaptable
14. Capability to maintain the integrity of processes and approaches, including the expertise to carry out highly complex and confidential investigations
15. Honed soft skills – Presentation and communication skills